Want to start a Food Business?
The Food Business Accelerator (FBA) by CitySeed and Collab is a statewide accelerator for Connecticut early stage food entrepreneurs.
The aim of the Food Business Accelerator is to remove barriers to food entrepreneurship across the state of Connecticut through training, network-building, and access to resources. We work to create economic opportunity for all, increase leadership by people of color and immigrant food entrepreneurs, and strengthen our local food system by linking rising food entrepreneurs and farmers. We are seeking food entrepreneurs who have recently launched or are working toward launching a food business (such as a food truck, catering company, or food product line).
The deadline to apply is November 20, 2022, 11:59pm. For further information on the program, tips on applying, and more, attend our info session on November 3rd at 4:30pm. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or meet with us 1-on-1 here.
Entrepreneurs who fit best and get the most out of the program demonstrate:
- Willingness to Learn: This program includes weekly 1-on-1 coaching and workshops where you’ll be introduced to new ideas and other perspectives. Entrepreneurs who benefit the most from this program have a willingness to have their ideas and processes challenged and refined.
- Commitment and Availability: This program is intensive. Participating in the Food Business Accelerator will ask for your time, attention, and focus. In order to get the most from the program, it is preferred that you are able to give your undivided attention and access shared documents during workshops and 1-on-1s. Workshops take place Wednesday evenings 6-8pm, and 1-on-1s occur weekdays 9am-5pm.
- Passion for Community Building: Collab and CitySeed are committed to creating an anti-racist, inclusive, and vibrant entrepreneurial community, and seeks to hold space for Black, Latinx, and women entrepreneurs. Our community of entrepreneurs come from all backgrounds but share this commitment to fostering a safe learning environment for their fellow cohort members.
Accepted food businesses entrepreneurs receive:
- A spot in a 12-week workshop series on leadership, entrepreneurship, wholesale and local procurement, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Seed funding
- 10 hours licensed commercial kitchen space for the duration of the program
- 1-on-1 coaching sessions
- An assigned mentor
- Opportunity to vend at CitySeed farmers markets for product testing
- SafeServe Managers training and certification
- Opportunity to pitch in front of investors and community members
- Access to the CitySeed Incubates listserv of 300+ ventures with tailored entrepreneurial resources
ALL FBA 2023 PROGRAM DATES (All Wednesdays from 6-8pm):
- January 11th
- January 18th
- January 25th
- February 1st
- February 8th
- February 15th
- February 22nd
- March 1st
- March 8th
- March 15th
- March 22nd
- March 29th
FBA 2023 will be held virtually via Zoom. Therefore, participants must expect to have access to reliable internet and a device with a webcam and microphone, preferably a laptop, tablet, computer. If you do not have access to any of these components but would still like to participate in the program, please email us at email@example.com to let us know after sending in your application.
Thanks to our sponsors: