Want to start a Food Business?
Applications are closed.
The Food Business Accelerator by CitySeed and Collab is a statewide accelerator for Connecticut early stage food entrepreneurs.
The aim of the Food Business Accelerator is to remove barriers to food entrepreneurship across the state of Connecticut through training, network-building, and access to resources. We work to create economic opportunity for all, increase leadership by people-of-color and immigrant food entrepreneurs, and strengthen our local food system by linking rising food entrepreneurs and farmers. We are seeking food entrepreneurs who have recently launched or are working toward launching a food business (such as a food truck, catering company, or food product line).
Questions? Email us at email@example.com, meet with us (through Collab office hours) 1-on-1 here!
Accepted food businesses entrepreneurs receive:
- A spot in a 12-week workshop series on leadership, entrepreneurship, wholesale and local procurement, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Seed funding
- A number of hours of free licensed commercial kitchen space for the duration of the program
- 1-on-1 coaching sessions
- An assigned mentor
- Opportunity to vend at CitySeed farmers markets for product testing
- SafeServe training and certification
- Opportunity to pitch in front of investors and community members
We would like to acknowledge our supporters and collaborators: International Association of New Haven, Liberty Bank, The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven, Yale Law School’s Community & Economic Development Clinic, Legal Food Hub, and others.
This work is made possible with support from the City of New Haven and the Economic Development Corporation.