- This event has passed.
Join Our Rainbow Chard Unicorns for Rock to Rock!
April 28, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm UTC+0
Mark your calendar now to support the 10th Annual Rock-to-Rock Earth Day Ride on Saturday, April 28!
Still not sure what Rock to Rock is?
It’s an Earth Day bike ride and celebration and the MOST FUN way to support CitySeed and 20+ other local non-profits’ efforts in creating a greener, healthier community for everyone! This year is the 10th Annual Rock to Rock making it a very special year. To celebrate this awesome feat there is:
- A new 5-mile family parade route, complete with banners, floats, and more.
- A special 10th Anniversary Bonus Fund — created by MFUNd with support from Faxon Law Group — adding $10 for every $50 donated or raised.
- Better-than-ever rest stops, routes, and support for YOU, our amazing Rock stars.
- A call-to-action to create a just & healthy climate, from Rock to Rock.
WHO is Rock to Rock for?
Whether you ride a bike or just want to see a greener New Haven, you can and SHOULD join our team! All the funds you raise go toward our team’s goal. This year we’re riding to support CitySeed’s SNAP Double Value Program — which allows New Haven’s low-income residents to double their SNAP benefits when they purchase fresh fruits and vegetables at any of our Farmers Markets. This is is one of the key ways that CitySeed helps ensure that all New Haven residents have access to Connecticut grown fruits and vegetables!
Okay, I’m in! What do I do next?
- Get your family and friends to sign up for the CitySeed Rainbow Chard Unicorns! There are five different rides, from the family-friendly 5-mile ride & parade, to the elite 62-miler.
- Once you’re registered, start raising pledges. Here are some ideas to help you do that. Don’t wait – register now!
- Make a donation toward CitySeed’s team goal and support our efforts to double SNAP dollars at our Farmers’ Markets!
- Spread the word, and don’t be shy! Each time you share our team page on social media, you give others the opportunity to contribute and make a difference, too!