Online ticket sales end at 9am Friday August 1st. Tickets are available at the blue ticket tents at the event starting at 5:30pm. Cash or credit cards accepted. Pie makers get in free, you can register your pie between 3-5pm in front of The Grove Studios @ 71 Orange St. There are 10 free tickets left for people who qualify for SNAP/Food Stamps – call 203-773-3736 x307 and leave your name and phone number. Hope you are hungry for PIE!!!
WHAT? Fundraiser for CitySeed’s Food Stamp Double Value program
WHEN? Friday August 1st, 6-8pm
WHERE? Orange St. at Crown St, New Haven
HOW? Adults $15, Children $5 (6-12 years old), Pie Makers Free**
All you can eat pie!
Cash bar by 116 Crown St.
Ashley’s Ice Cream
Music by DJ TootSkee
RECIPE INSPIRATION Click for some fabulous pie and crust recipes!
MAKE PIE for a good cause
EAT PIE for a good cause
**30 tickets available free of charge for recipients of Food Stamps and WIC benefits. Find out more at CitySeed’s Farmers’ Market Tent or call (203) 773-3736 ext. 307 — first come, first serve!
**Free Pie Makers’ ticket covers one adult and their children. Additional adults can purchase a ticket, or make a second pie. One Pie = One Adult Ticket + Kids
Entering a Pie:
1. Please read the rules and details below.
2. Register for your FREE TICKET AT THIS LINK - please include your pie name and ingredient list there.
Pie Judging Categories:
Most Beautiful Pie - Best Fruit Pie - Best Savory Pie – Best CT Grown Pie*
Best Pie Made by a Kid
* Best CT Grown Pie will be judged on a variety of factors including abundance of CT grown or home grown ingredients, taste and appearance.
GRAND PRIZE: $100 in coins to CitySeed Farmers’ Markets, & prizes for all categories!
RULES & DETAILS
- Fruit or vegetable based pies ONLY please
- No meat or egg custard fillins (we don’t want the pies to spoil in the heat outside!)
- Please use as many locally grown ingredients as possible
- You may donate as many homemade pies to the event as you’d like. We will accept whole homemade pies that we can sell, rather than put out for eating.
- Pies made by “kids” means youth under 15 years old (must be supervised by an adult)
3 to 5pm: Pie Drop Off -71 Orange St-The Grove Studios (early drop off can be arranged)
6pm: Judging & Tasting Begins: Pies, Ice Cream & Cocktails, Music
7:30pm: Best Pie Awards Announced
Last year was fantastic, with 60 feet of tables covered in 86 pies! We can’t wait to see what you all create this year!
Pick Your Own Fruit Locations
Detailed CT Links coming soon!