MAKE PIE for a good cause, EAT PIE for a good cause!
Thank you for helping CitySeed raise money to make CT-grown produce accessible to everyone through
our Food Stamp Double Value Program!
ALL YOU CAN EAT PIE | ASHLEY’S ICE CREAM | CASH BAR BY ORDINARY | MUSIC BY DJ TOOTSKEE
WHAT? Fundraiser for CitySeed’s Food Stamp Double Value program
WHEN? Friday, August 7th, 6-8pm
WHERE? 9th Square – Orange Street at Crown, New Haven
HOW MUCH? Adults $15 online, $18 at the event | Children 6-12 years old $5 | Pie Makers Free**
To attend PieOn9:
- Purchase your ticket(s) here ($15) OR at the event ($18)!
- No need to print your ticket — we will have a list of registrants. You can also show us your ticket on a smart phone.
To make pie for the PieOn9 pie contest:
- Please read details below and register your pie(s) by purchasing your FREE ticket here.
- More info at www.cityseed.org
- Online ticket sales end at 10am on Thursday, August 6th. Tickets are available at the event at the blue ticket tents starting at 5:30pm.
- Cash or credit cards accepted.
- 30 tickets available free of charge for recipients of Food Stamps/WIC benefits.
- Free Pie Maker’s ticket covers one adult and their children. Additional adults can purchase a ticket or make a second pie. One Pie = One Adult Ticket + Kids
- Find out more at CitySeed’s Farmers’ Market Tent or call (203) 773-3736 — first come, first served!
Pie Judging Categories
- Most Beautiful Pie
- Best Fruit Pie
- Best Savory Pie (not sweet)
- Best Pie Made by a Youth (under 15)
- Best CT Grown Pie
- Best Pizza Pie
- Best Most Fabulous Pie! Grand Prize – $100 in CitySeed Market Coins
Prizes for all category winners!
Rules & Details
- Fruit or vegetable pies only, please — no meat or egg/custard fillings.
- Please use as many locally grown ingredients as possible. See our website for farmers’ market and pick-your-own fruit locations.
- When you register for your free ticket above, please fill in all the information about your pie ingredients.
- Please use a disposable pie plate when possible! Or label with your name/cell # for easier return.
- Sorry, no pies accepted for judging after 5:30pm — but they can still be shared and eaten!
- Best CT Grown Pie will be judged on a variety of factors including abundance of CT grown or home grown ingredients, taste and appearance.
- You may donate as many homemade pies to the event as you like.
- Pies made by youth means under 15 years old & must be supervised by an adult.
3-5pm: Pie Drop-Off at 71 Orange Street (next to Baobob Tree *formerly The Grove* Studios)
6pm: Judging & Tasting Begins: Pies, Ice Cream, Cocktails, Music
7:30pm: Best Pie Awards Announced!
Last year was fantastic, with over 450 people and 60 feet of tables covered in more than 130 pies! We can’t wait to see what you all create this year!
PIE INGREDIENT SOURCING AND RECIPE INSPIRATION
Come by our farmer’s markets to pick up some fresh, locally-grown ingredients for your pie recipe!
Search buyCTgrown for farms that carry CT Grown Fruit! Blueberries, peaches and plums are usually in season around this time. Click the links below to explore farms near you that carry these fruit or have pick-your-own operations.
Pick Your Own Peaches, Peach Farms
Pick Your Own Plums, Plum Farms
Pick Your Own Blueberries, Blueberry Farms
RECIPE INSPIRATION Click for some fabulous pie and crust recipes!
Thank you to our wonderful sponsors and supporters!
Green Village Initiative
Community Mental Health Foundation
Black Hog Brewery