CitySeed Market Application Process
Thank you for your interest in our markets. Our application process for the 2012 Season is now closed. We will be sending notifications out to all applicants in the next two weeks.
CitySeed operates producer-only farmers markets. CitySeed Farmers' Markets are committed to enabling the producers of CT Grown farm products to sell directly to customers. Participation in our markets is only for Connecticut farmers/producers who sell what they grow, raise, or produce on their own farm or facility.
We do not allow crafts that do not have an agricultural component or re-selling at our markets.
Step 1: Find Out if You Qualify
If this is your first time applying to our markets, please call our office at 203.773.3736 or email email@example.com for a brief suitability consultation before proceeding to the application. If you are not a good fit for our markets we can let you know up front and spare you the trouble of submitting an application.
Step 2: Learn About Our Market Guidelines
Please review our guidelines before you apply. CitySeed's mission is to: Engage the community in growing a local, equitable food system that promotes economic development, community development and sustainable agriculture. CitySeed has drawn up a list of market guidelines to ensure the market serves to fulfill this mission. Below please find the most important guidelines (there are additional guidelines that relate to value-added agricultural products, baked goods, prepared foods, fish, dairy, etc.)
Please read through these five guidelines carefully to ensure you are committed to meeting these basic market requirements before submitting the application packet. As part of the application, you would be asked to sign an agreement to abide by the full set of market guidelines.
• Connecticut Grown: All produce sold at the market must be grown in Connecticut.
• Producers only/Sell what you grow: City Farmers' Markets are "Producer Only" markets at which farmers sell what they grow and other vendors sell what they themselves have produced. At least one person who is directly involved with production must attend every market, that is, someone who works on the farm or in the bakery.
• For prepared foods and value-added agricultural products, the main or theme ingredient must be grown in CT
• Liability Insurance is required.
• WIC Certification is required for those who are eligible.
Step 3: Apply
We conduct a yearly application process in the winter for spots at our five farmers' markets. Interested vendors should email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive our vendor application packet. The Market Committee takes into account CitySeed's need to provide customers with a variety of products. The criteria for selecting producers include:
• Commitment to helping to fulfill the mission of CitySeed, which includes a willingness to engage and educate market customers about farming and your local farm product
• Commitment to the market's spirit of trust and collaboration
• Quality of product
• Diversity (especially for fruit and vegetable producers)
• Sustainable, traditional, ecological, organic & biodynamic methods of production
• Distance from the market (the closer the better!)
• Appealing display that includes educational materials
We are currently accepting vendor applications for Guest Vendors and the Winter Market.
For the Winter Market, please use the guest vendor application.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Download Guest Application
Download Vendor Application